David K. Lohrmann
Chair and Professor
Applied Health Science Department
- Ph.D. at University of Michigan, 1981
- M.A. at University of Michigan, 1975
- B.S. at University of Michigan, 1970
- American Association for Health Education AAHE Scholar Award (highest award for scholarly publications and presentations over a number of years)
- American School Health Association, William A. Howe Award (highest award for career service to school health)
- Former President, American School Health Association
- Primary Consultant for an Association for Supervision and CurriculumDevelopment Project, funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- American Cancer Society Award of Excellence
- Indiana University Trustees Teaching Award
School health promotion programs, school health education, alcohol, tobacco, and other drug abuse prevention
Lohrmann, D.K. (2010). Creating a Healthy School Using the Healthy School Report Card: An ASCD Action Tool (2nd Ed.) Alexandria, VA: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
DeWitt, N., Lohrmann, D.K., O'Neill, J., Clark, J.K. (2011). A Qualitative Analysis of Success Stories from Michiana Coordinated School Health Leadership Institute Participants. Journal of School Health. 81(12), 727-732.
Herbert, P., Lohrmann, D.K. (2011) It's All in the Delivery: An Analysis of Instructional Strategies from Effective Health Education Curricula, Journal of School Health. 81(5) 258-264.
Lohrmann, D.K. (2008). A complimentary ecological model of coordinated school health promotion. Public Health Reports. 123(6) 695-703.
Sherwood-Puzzello, C., Miller, M., Lohrmann, D.K., Gregory, P. (2007). Implementation of CDC's School Health Index in Three Mid-West Middle Schools: Motivation for Change. Journal of School Health. 77(6) 285-293.
Lohrmann, D.K. (2006). Process evaluation for school health professionals. Journal of School Health 76(4) 154-155.
Lohrmann, D.K., Alter, R.J., Greene, R., Younoszai, T. (2005). Long-term impact of a district-wide school/community-based substance abuse prevention initiative on gateway drug use. Journal of Drug Education 35(3), 233-253.
Alter, R.J., Lohrmann, D.K. (2005). Building support for coordinated school health programs. Health Educator 37(1), 3-7.
Courses Recently Taught
HPER H352 Secondary School Health Curriculum and Strategies
HPER H452 Secondary School Health Strategies and Assessment
HPER H464 Coordinated School Health Programs
HPER H502 Instructional Strategies for School and College Health
H510 Organization of School Health Programs
H601 Curriculum Development for School and College Health